Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome To My Blog

Hey everyone!


First off I want to tell you a bit about me and the purpose of this blog. 

* First off I should let you know that this will probably be the most boring part of this whole blog.  Don't worry, my feelings won't be hurt if you skip this page.

Second off, I feel as this is the right time to fill you in a bit on who I am and why I drive what I drive.

I am in my early twenties and live in the North East.  I work for a small family owned construction company so having a truck for work is a must for me. Back when I was eighteen I purchased a 1998 Chevy 1500 single cab pickup with an eight foot bed. This truck was what got me hooked on the Chevy/GM brand.  I had downgraded when I purchased it (I previously had a 2001 Toyota Camry with lots of extras). This single cab didn't have many extras, but it was "Like a rock".  It was mechanically sound and never gave me any issues, even when I was pushing 180,000 miles.  I had a lot of good times driving that old truck. I was often going off roading on the weekends and always had a blast. Ever since I bought that truck I have always wanted a Silverado. 

A few years back I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to purchase my dream truck. It was a 2003 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4wd.  It felt like being in a luxury car compared to that old single cab 1500 with the bench seat.  I had the Bose stereo package, many power options, and the looks of the truck were great.  I don't really want to discuss this vehicle too much because I no longer own it and don't have any pictures of it besides the ones to follow.. Sadly it was totaled a little over a year ago.   Here is a site I put together with the pictures of the damage. My Old Truck

Well, I went a while without a vehicle to save some money, but finally last November I decided I needed to get back on the road. 

I went down to see a friend that works at a local dealership one Friday afternoon. He asked what I was looking for. I explained to him what my old truck was and how much I liked it. He quietly got up and left the office saying, "Hold on one minute."   Next thing I know there it is pulled up right outside the door. A 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic.  He walked back in, tossed me the keys, and said "go drive that".  I loved it from the beginning. It was the same as my old truck that I had loved so much.  There were even a couple better things about this one.  Heated leather seats, dual power seats, power heated / folding mirrors, driver information center options, and memory seats.

And so it begins.  I really enjoy working on my truck.  I don't have a bunch of money to dump into it and am by no means a mechanic. I am always looking for that next project to do to my truck. I have done a bunch of really affordable modifications to my truck that I plan to share with you all. 

This blog will discuss all of the different projects that I have done to my truck. I will create how to's for most projects and be available to help you all with any questions pertaining to these modifications.  Here is a teaser picture of my truck stock and my truck how it sits today.

There are many mods that I have done.  Bet you can't spot them all! (yet)




My next post will cover doing window tinting on my Silverado.Did you know a roll of window tint costs as low as $10 at your local auto parts store? I will explain how to cut and apply the tining, how to install, and some tips to ensure a great job every time. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but the following post will describe some small projects that I did with the leftover tint!  Be sure to check back soon!

Well, there it is all. My first and hopefully most boring post on this whole blog. I can't wait to get back on hear and give you all an update.  If you just skipped to the end, don't worry this blog is going to get interesting now!

No comments:

Post a Comment